Mentioned Companies:

General Purpose Cards in Latin America

Credit, debit and prepaid American Express, Diners Club, Mastercard and Visa cards issued in Latin America and the Caribbean (LA&C) generated $679.95 billion in purchase volume for goods and services in 2020, an increase of 2.4% over 2019. Those global brand general purpose cards generated 26.59 billion purchase transactions, down 1.1%. The combination of Mastercard and Visa purchase transactions at 26.01 billion accounted for 97.8% of the LA&C total. American Express and Diners Club cards accounted for the other 2.2% or 0.58 billion purchase transactions. Cards in circulation ca...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


March 2021
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Latin America’s Global General Purpose Cards—Purchase Transaction Shares

Latin America Spending, Transactions and Cards by Global Brand

Latin America Market Shares of Purchase Transactions 2000-2020

Second 50 Largest Visa/Mastercard Credit Card Issuers–Ranked by Outstandings