Mentioned Companies:

BB&T/SunTrust Card Consolidation

Two regional banks based on the East Coast of the United States will combine in an all-stock deal valued at $28.24 billion. At the close, existing shareholders of North Carolina-based BB&T will own 57% of the new company. Georgia-based SunTrust Bank’s existing shareholders will own the remaining 43%. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year. Charlotte, North Carolina, will be the headquarters for the new bank. That city is also the headquarters for Bank of America. The new bank is expected to adopt a new name. It will ha...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


February 2019
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

U.S. General Purpose Brands

Investments & Acquisitions—January 2019

U.S. General Purpose Cards 2018 vs. 2017

U.S. Credit Card Outstandings 2018 vs. 2017

Market Shares of Purchase Volume on U.S. General Purpose Cards 2018

Purchase Transactions on Visa & Mastercard Credit & Debit Cards

Cards in Circulation Visa vs. Mastercard

U.S. General Purpose Credit Cards

U.S. Visa and Mastercard Debit & Prepaid Cards

U.S. Visa and Mastercard Credit, Debit & Prepaid