Mentioned Companies:

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

Personal consumption expenditures (PCE) totaled $12.284 trillion in the United States in 2015. Purchases of goods and services accounted for 77.75% or $9.550 trillion of personal consumption. The remaining 22.25% or $2.734 trillion of PCE did not involve a purchase. However, the Bureau of Economic Analysis, part of the United States Department of Commerce, which calculates PCE, includes in its total monetary value transactions for which no payment was made. For example, it imputes a monetary value for meals furnished to employees and military personnel. Other examples of “nonpurchases” are...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


December 2016
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Purchase Transactions on U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

Investments & Acquisitions – November 2016

Telephone, Transportation, Prepaid & Nonpayment Card Shipments 2015

Largest Maestro Issuers Worldwide 2015

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems – Paper, Cards, Electronic