Mentioned Companies:

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

Personal consumption expenditures (PCE) totaled $12.821 trillion in the United States in 2016. Purchases of goods and services accounted for 77.49% or $9.934 trillion of that amount. The other 22.51% or $2.886 trillion of PCE did not involve a purchase of any kind. However, the United States Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis, which calculates PCE, includes in its total for PCE the monetary value of transactions for which no payment was made. Examples include the imputed monetary value for meals furnished to employees and military personnel. Other examples of “nonpurchase...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


December 2017
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Largest Consumer Payment Systems in the U.S. 2016

Investments & Acquisitions November 2017

Largest Maestro Issuers Worldwide 2016

Card Shipments: Phone, Transportation, Prepaid, & Nonpayment 2016

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems-Paper, Cards, & Electronic

Personal Consumption Expenditures in the U.S.