Mentioned Companies:

US Consumer Payment Systems and PCE

Personal consumption expenditures (PCE), a statistic calculated by the United States Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) were $15.903 trillion in the US in 2021. Purchases made for goods and services totaled $12.416 trillion, which was 78.1% of PCE. The BEA includes transactions for which no payment was made, even though a monetary value is ascribed, as part of PCE. These nonpurchases accounted for the other $3.487 trillion or 21.9% of PCE. Examples of nonpurchases are identified in the footnote below the pie chart Personal Consumption Expenditures in the US on this...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


December 2022
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Card Fraud Worldwide, Inside the US vs. Outside the US

Card Fraud Worldwide—2011 through 2021

Card Fraud Projected through 2031

Fraud by Type of Card 2021

Personal Consumption Expenditures in the US 2021

Consumer Payments in the US 2021 with Projections for 2026

Merchant Acceptance Locations

Market Shares of Purchase Volume on Domestic Cards Worldwide

Largest Debit Card Issuers Worldwide–Ranked by Purchase Volume

Spending on Commercial & Consumer Cards in the US

US Visa and Mastercard Commercial Card Products

Commercial Cards’ Share of US General Purchase Volume—2011 through 2021

Largest Credit Card Issuers Worldwide–Ranked by Purchase Volume

Publicly Traded Companies in Payments