Mentioned Companies:

Asia–Pacific General Purpose Cards

UnionPay, Visa, Mastercard, JCB, American Express, and Diners Club brand credit, debit, and prepaid general purpose cards issued in the Asia–Pacific region generated $11.398 trillion in volume to purchase goods and services in 2016, up 4.4%. Total volume—purchase volume combined with cash advances and cash withdrawals—amounted to $13.383 trillion, up 5.2%. Purchase volume accounted for 85.17% of the total and cash the other 14.83%. In 2015, purchases accounted for 85.87% of total volume and cash 14.13%. UnionPay purchase volume reached $8.503 trillion, an increase of 2.7%. Visa purcha...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


June 2017
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Asia-Pacific Market Shares of Purchase Volume-2016

U.S. General Purpose Cards 1Q 2017 vs. 1Q 2016

U.S. Credit Card Debt 1986-2016

Largest Merchant Acquirers in Middle East-Africa 2016

Asia-Pacific Market Shares of Purchase Transactions by Brand

Asia-Pacific General Purpose Cards 2016 vs. 2015

Year-Over-Year Growth/Decline in Purchase Volume on Cards Issued in Asia-Pacific

U.S. Store Credit Cards 2016 vs. 2015

U.S. Visa/Mastercard Credit Card Issuers-Third 50 2016

Consumer ACH Transactions in the U.S. 2016