Consumer Payment Systems and PCE in the US

Personal consumption expenditures (PCE), a statistic calculated by the United States Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) were $17.512 trillion in the US in 2022. Purchases made for goods and services totaled $13.778 trillion, which was 78.68% of PCE. The BEA includes transactions for which no payment was made, even though a monetary value is ascribed, as part of PCE. These nonpurchases accounted for the other $3.734 trillion or 21.32% of PCE. Examples of nonpurchases are identified in the footnote below the pie chart titled Personal Consumption Expenditures in the U...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


December 2023
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Top Debit Card Issuers Worldwide

Debit Card Issuers by Region

150 Largest Debit Card Issuers Worldwide

Market Shares of Purchase Volume on Domestic Credit and Debit Cards Worldwide

Top 50 General Purpose Card Issuers in Asia-Pacific

Top 50 Credit Card Issuers in Asia-Pacific

Top 50 Debit Card Issuers in Asia-Pacific

Personal Consumption Expenditures in the US—2022

Consumer Payment Systems in 2022 with Projections for 2027