Mentioned Companies:

Global Brand Cards in Latin America and the Caribbean

Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club credit, debit and prepaid cards issued in Latin America and the Caribbean (LA&C) generated $917.04 billion in purchase volume for goods and services in 2021, up 39.6% over 2020. Purchase transactions tied to those global brand general purpose cards reached 36.09 billion, an increase of 35.6%. Visa and Mastercard purchase transactions grew to 35.39 billion and accounted for 98.1% of the LA&C region’s total. The other 1.9% or 0.70 billion purchase transactions were tied to American Express and Diners Club cards. The number of Ame...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


April 2022
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Latin America’s Global General Purpose Cards Reach 1 Billion

Latin America Spending, Transactions and Cards by Brand

Market Shares of Purchase Transactions in Latin America 2001-2021

Second 50 Largest Visa/Mastercard Credit Card Issuers

BNPL Deals Since January 2021—Mergers & Acquisitions

BNPL Deals Since January 2021—Corporate Financing

Investments & Acquisitions—March 2022