Mentioned Companies:

Latin America General Purpose Cards

Credit, debit, and prepaid American Express, Diners Club, Mastercard, and Visa cards issued in Latin America and the Caribbean (LA&C) generated $786.45 billion in purchase volume for goods and services in 2019, an increase of 17.2% over 2018. Those global brand general purpose cards generated 26.93 billion purchase transactions, up 18.0%. The combination of Mastercard and Visa purchase transactions at 26.23 billion accounted for 97.41% of the LA&C total. American Express and Diners Club cards accounted for the other 2.59% or 0.70 billion purchase transactions. American Express, D...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


March 2020
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Latin America Purchase Transactions and Market Shares in 2019

Latin America Market Shares of Purchase Volume by Brand 2019

Market Shares of Purchase Transactions in Latin America 2000–2019

Latin America General Purpose Cards 2019

Second 50 Largest Mastercard & Visa Credit Card Issuers in the U.S.—Ranked by Outstandings 2019