Article

Mentioned Companies:

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

The United States Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis calculated personal consumption expenditures (PCE) at $13.321 trillion in the U.S. in 2017. Purchases of goods and services accounted for 77.64% or $10.343 trillion of that amount. The other 22.36% or $2.978 trillion of PCE did not involve a purchase of any kind. Examples of consumption expenditures for which no payment was made, though a monetary value was imputed, include employer contributions for group insurance and certain financial services. See the footnote below the chart titled Personal Consumption Expenditures i...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.
OR

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report

Newsletter

December 2018
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Consumer Payment Systems in the U.S. 2017

Investments & Acquisitions—November 2018

Card Shipments: Phone, Prepaid, Transportation, Nonpayment 2017

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems—Paper, Cards, Electronic

Personal Consumption Expenditures in the U.S.

Top Credit Card Issuers by Purchase Volume & Country 2017

Mastercard & Visa Worldwide through 3rd Quarter 2018