Mentioned Companies:

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

Personal consumption expenditures (PCE) amounted to $13.999 trillion in the U.S. in 2018 according to the United States Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA). Of that amount, purchases of goods and services were $10.880 trillion or 77.7%. Expenditures for which no payment was made, although a monetary value was imputed as part of PCE, accounted for the other $3.118 trillion or 22.3%. Examples of nonpurchases can be found in the footnote below the table titled Personal Consumption Expenditures in the U.S. on page 11. One caveat to the personal consumption expenditures ...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


December 2019
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Consumer Payment Systems in the U.S.—Purchase Transactions in 2018

Investments & Acquisitions—November 2019

Total Chip Card Shipments 2018

Other POS Devices Shipped—2018

Largest Maestro Issuers Worldwide

Top 150 Credit Card Issuers by Purchase Volume & Country 2018

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems—Paper, Cards, Electronic

Personal Consumption Expenditures in the U.S.