Mentioned Companies:

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

The United States Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) reported personal consumption expenditures (PCE) amounted to $14.545 trillion in the U.S. in 2019. Purchases of goods and services were $11.261 trillion or 77.4% of that amount. As part of PCE, the BEA also considers transactions for which no payment was made, even though a monetary value is ascribed. Nonpurchases accounted for the other $3.284 trillion or 22.6% of PCE. Examples of nonpurchases are identified in the footnote below the table titled Personal Consumption Expenditures in the U.S. on this page. Per...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


December 2020
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems–Market Shares of Transactions in 2019

Personal Consumption Expenditures in the U.S.

Consumer Payment Systems in the U.S

Largest Credit Card Issuers Worldwide–Ranked by Purchase Volume in 2019

Card Manufacturers 2019–Part 2

U.S. General Purpose Card Brands–3Q 2020 and change vs. 3Q 2019

Investments & Acquisitions–November 2020