Mentioned Companies:

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

Personal consumption expenditures (PCE) totaled $11.866 trillion in 2014, with purchases of goods and services accounting for 77.75% or $9.226 trillion of that amount. The remaining 22.25% or $2.640 trillion of PCE was imputed monetary value tied to transactions for which no payment was made. See examples on page 11. Personal consumption expenditures include some commercial spending because there is no accurate way for airlines, restaurants, hotels, and other businesses to separate consumer from commercial spending when they report figures to the U.S. Commerce Department. Because there is c...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


December 2015
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Investments & Acquisitions – November 2014

Purchase Transactions on U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

Largest Payment Card Issuers by Type 2014

Largest Debit Card Issuers by Purchase Volume & Country 2014

Largest Credit Card Issuers by Purchase Volume & Country 2014

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems in 2009, 2014, and 2019

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems – Paper, Cards, Electronic

Personal Consumption Expenditures in the United States (Market Shares)