Article

Mentioned Companies:

Latin America General Purpose Cards

Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club/Discover, and American Express credit, debit, and prepaid global general purpose cards issued in Latin America and the Caribbean (LA&C) generated $708.51 billion in purchase volume for goods and services in 2017, up 15.0%. There were 20.24 billion purchase transactions for goods and services, an increase of 7.9%. Combined Visa and Mastercard purchase transactions of 19.66 billion accounted for 97.15% of the LA&C total. American Express and Diners Club/Discover cards generated the other 2.85% or 0.52 billion purchase transactions. Visa’s market shar...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.
OR

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report

Newsletter

May 2018
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

Latin America Market Shares of Purchase Volume 2017

Investments & Acquisitions—April 2018

U.S. Merchant Card Fees 2017

Latin America Market Shares of Purchase Transactions by Brand

Year-Over-Year Growth/Decline in Purchase Volume on Cards Issued in Latin America

Latin America General Purpose Cards 2017 vs. 2016

Second 50 Largest Debit Card Issuers in the U.S. 2017

Consumer ACH Transactions in the U.S. 2017