Mentioned Companies:

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

Personal consumption expenditures (PCE), a statistic calculated by the United States Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) was $14.048 trillion in the U.S. in 2020. Purchases made for goods and services amounted to $10.714 trillion, which was 76.3% of PCE. The BEA includes transactions for which no payment was made, even though a monetary value is ascribed, as part of PCE. These nonpurchases accounted for the other $3.334 trillion or 23.7% of PCE. Examples of nonpurchases are identified in the footnote below the table Personal Consumption Expenditures in the U.S. on t...

Want to read more?

Please log into your subscriber account.

Check out our subscription offers.
New subscribers receive over 130 articles in the 22 issues published each year, plus the last five years of issues (that’s over 1,200 articles) as a download link, which are fully searchable in PDF format.

© Copyright 2024 Nilson Report


December 2021
Headlines in this Issue
Charts in this Issue

U.S. Consumer Payment Systems

Personal Consumption Expenditures in the U.S. 2020—Market Shares of Purchase Volume

Consumer Payment Systems in the U.S.—2020 with Projections for 2025

Largest Domestic-Only Credit Card Issuers

Largest Credit Card Issuers Worldwide 2020—Ranked by Purchase Volume

Card Manufacturers 2020—Part 2

Investments & Acquisitions—November 2021

U.S. General Purpose Cards—through 3Q 2021 vs. through 3Q 2020

Publicly Traded Companies in Payments